Skip to main content

Flea market funk.


Sunday was flea market day! We have two flea markets in wichita. One of them is north and only goes on every third Sunday at a local coliseum. It is wonderful. I usually find lots of pretty things for my home. The other one is south and in a shady part of town. Its a little more like a swap meet but sometimes you can find things hidden in the rough and sellers don't know what they have. I have found a hot pink Herman Miller chair there that I got for free! I get a little creeped out going to the south flea market sometimes. Thanks to my new I-phone app that shows where all the sex offenders are, I now know that pretty much every other house in south Wichita harbors a sex offender. Ew.

I photographed some of the funky little things that I found at the flea markets on Sunday. I just love all the textures and colors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shelf decorating DIY: How to put together a great shelf display

Decorating shelves and mantles can be frustrating. Even the most outstanding and unique piece can get lost in a mismanaged display. We came up with these decorating tips that can help you to create a more visually stimulating display in your home. I hope this helps to make your home feel fresh and organized. Tip #1: Odd numbered grouping... When decorating a shelf or table, it’s usually best to create odd numbers of groupings. One, three, five, seven and so on. You can place one large piece alone or three pieces on a table or shelf. Tip #2: Escalating scale... Make sure the proportions are visually soothing to the eye by using escalating sizes. Create layers by incorporating a tall medium and short item in a group. Always put the tallest piece in the back of the display and let the height come down towards the viewer. Doing this creates a dynamic, interesting display. Tip #3: Make it you... It is important to put your personality into your home decorating. Use mementos of vacations,