Skip to main content

An opening...


Hello world! My name is Heather and the above picture is me. Before I start this blogging voyage, I want to say a few things about me. I'm not going to say my age. :) Thats a secret! I do want to write a bit about the things I love in life. Here is a list of my top favorites:
cooking, interior design, vintage clothing and furniture, fashion, gardening, creating art, enjoying art, music, wine, my boyfriend, my dogs, my friends and my family.
So, that is what I will be blogging about.
I am trying to get into this blogging thing but its a little awkward! I will pre apologize for any grammar mistakes or bad spelling! I have never kept a diary and if I did, I probably wouldn't let anyone read it. But I am going to do my best to open up and let a bit of my psyche out into the universe.


This is a photo of my boyfriend and I when we first met 5 years ago. We live together and we have two babies. Petey and Penelope. Their pictures below.





I used to have a vintage store called Harmonious Posh. The pictures below are from my first store front.






After a year, I found a much better location and moved my store. The Delano district is a funky little shopping area just west of the river in down town Wichita. If your ever in Wichita, I recommend checking it out. Its where all the brothels and saloons were in the old days!
                       \
The town I live in is rather middle sized and its in the bible belt so try to imagine the style that people dress in here. There is a lot of Abercombie, Gap, Uggs, Ed Hardy and anything that is brand name. So my little vintage shop didn't get a ton of shoppers. The shoppers that I did have were super cute but there just weren't enough. So, I moved on to other things. I was a Wine rep for a while at a local liquor distributer. I loved selling wine but, I have a problem with old school, in the box thinking so that company didn't hold me for long.  Now, I sell vintage clothing on Etsy. I love it and I am trying to do everything I can to make my store thrive. So shop there! http://www.etsy.com/shop/Harmoniousposh
Ok, I'm don blogging for now.  More blogging to come...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shelf decorating DIY: How to put together a great shelf display

Decorating shelves and mantles can be frustrating. Even the most outstanding and unique piece can get lost in a mismanaged display. We came up with these decorating tips that can help you to create a more visually stimulating display in your home. I hope this helps to make your home feel fresh and organized. Tip #1: Odd numbered grouping... When decorating a shelf or table, it’s usually best to create odd numbers of groupings. One, three, five, seven and so on. You can place one large piece alone or three pieces on a table or shelf. Tip #2: Escalating scale... Make sure the proportions are visually soothing to the eye by using escalating sizes. Create layers by incorporating a tall medium and short item in a group. Always put the tallest piece in the back of the display and let the height come down towards the viewer. Doing this creates a dynamic, interesting display. Tip #3: Make it you... It is important to put your personality into your home decorating. Use mementos of vacations,