Skip to main content

Harmonious Posh from conception to fruition!





Today I am going to answer the second question from the interview with Pink Saloon.  pinksaloon.com The Pink Saloon is my favorite store in Wichita and The owner asked me to answer a few questions for her blog. The fallowing is the second question:



 Please tell us about Harmonious Posh from conception to fruition and anything else you want to share. 
Here is my answer:

I have always been a thrift store shopper. I think this stems form the early 90’s and the grunge days (thank you Mark Jacob's!) . I love to have unique items in my wardrobe that nobody else has. Growing up in wichita, It has been hard to find different fashion pieces that nobody else has and shopping at the thrift store  helped me to find funky items from our passed. Actually, my first love is not fashion but interior design. I love to find furniture and and change it. Chopping off legs and giving it a fresh coat of panted stripes or dots.  I treat interior design the same way I treat fashion. I love to use eclectic, retro, vintage and new elements all together to get to a perfect finished room design.  Any time I travel to another city like Chicago, Kansas City or Phoenix, I would much rather go to the vintage shops than to the trendy expensive shops.  I love the feeling of being around all the one of a kind items that someone hand picked. Wichita has only had one other really interesting and trendy vintage shop, so I decided to be the one to bring it to our town. Harmonious Posh’s concept began with furniture in mind but as it evolved, I realized that it was the clothes that were selling, so I went with it.  It was a blast! I created a organized, fresh, clean and comfortable atmosphere for Harmonious Pposh. Most vintage shops seem to be a little dingy and cramped (which can be fun), but I wanted my store to be like me, modern but with a strong vintage ground. I think I was a little ahead of my time because the Harmonious Posh online store was still selling to L.A. and New York. I don’t think vintage had quite made it to the mid-west yet. I closed the brick and mortar doors about a year and a half ago after two years of business. Now, Harmonious Posh is an online store only. It's sad but at least HP still lives!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shelf decorating DIY: How to put together a great shelf display

Decorating shelves and mantles can be frustrating. Even the most outstanding and unique piece can get lost in a mismanaged display. We came up with these decorating tips that can help you to create a more visually stimulating display in your home. I hope this helps to make your home feel fresh and organized. Tip #1: Odd numbered grouping... When decorating a shelf or table, it’s usually best to create odd numbers of groupings. One, three, five, seven and so on. You can place one large piece alone or three pieces on a table or shelf. Tip #2: Escalating scale... Make sure the proportions are visually soothing to the eye by using escalating sizes. Create layers by incorporating a tall medium and short item in a group. Always put the tallest piece in the back of the display and let the height come down towards the viewer. Doing this creates a dynamic, interesting display. Tip #3: Make it you... It is important to put your personality into your home decorating. Use mementos of vacations,